Tungsten, also known as wolfram, is a chemical element found on the periodic table. It gets its name from a Swedish phrase meaning ‘heavy stone’, indicative of the metal’s weight and strength. Tungsten is often described using superlatives. Here are some:
- Tungsten has the highest melting point of all metals
- It is the heaviest metal used in jewelry
- It is the hardest and most scratch resistant metal
- It is the most popular metal for men’s wedding rings in America
Tungsten in its pure form cannot be used in jewelry. Instead, it is formed into a metal, consisting of approximately 85% tungsten and 15% carbon, nickel or cobalt which is known as tungsten carbide. Because tungsten is very brittle, mixing it with carbon reduces this characteristic, making the metal more durable and easy to work with. The nickel or cobalt acts as a binder, holding the metal together and making it possible to shape it.
- Construct of High Hardness Tungsten Carbide, Excellent Scratch Resistant Performance, Longer Using Time
- Brushed Matte Center and Beveled Edge Tungsten Ring, High Polish Smooth inner face, Bring you both the Elegance and Comfort
- Width 8mm, Nice Weight, a Solid Choice for Most Men and Women
Need help with your purchase? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org !